Fix: HTML5 Video not playing when deployed to azure

The HTML5 video added in the webpage was playbacking successfully in my developer environment. But, why deployed to client's Azure web app it was not playing at all. I suspected for any script errors but browser's console window was empty. Later I figured out that we need to specify mime type in web.config of the website for this to work.

Below is a quick peek of web.config file.

<configuration>
	<system.webServer>
		<staticContent>
			<remove fileExtension=".mp4" />
			<mimeMap fileExtension=".mp4" mimeType="video/mp4" />
			<remove fileExtension=".webm" />
			<mimeMap fileExtension=".webm" mimeType="video/webm" />
			<!-- Add your mime type here -->
		</staticContent>
	</system.webServer>
</configuration>



 

Hope this helps.

There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first

Last week, I deployed one of the Web API website that uses Entity Framework to production server. In the publish wizard, I generated database connection string for production so that it'll connect to production database when deployed. To my surprise, few API calls resulted in an error :

System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.

Yup, the solution was to include MultipleActiveResultSets=True; in connection string. In fact, this was there in the connection string of my development database but show how not included while generating connection string of production database.

Hope this helps.

Fix: Login failed for user IFC\WIN5177$ in ASP.NET MVC

We recently moved an ASP.NET MVC website to a new provider and found out that the MVC application is no longer connecting to SQL Server database. That was surprising because it was up and running with previous provider without any issues.

Below is the exception I got while connecting to SQL Server:

Login failed for user 'IFC\WIN5177$'.

That took quite sometime to figure out what was the issue. And, I finally fixed by setting Integrated Security=False; in the connection string,

Hope this helps.

Thanks.